THERE ARE NO SET-UP REQUIREMENTS OR HASSLES WITH THE INDEELIFT
- If the fallen person is uninjured, they could just crawl to the IndeeLift, seat themselves on the platform and press the 'UP' arrow on the wired remote and be lifted to a seated position at a height of 21 inches.
- The IndeeLift is rolled to the fallen and uninjured person and then is positioned underneath them in a seated position and then the 'UP' arrow on the wired remote and be lifted to a seated position at a height of 21 inches.
This comparison is between the IndeeLift and a popular lifting cushion.
In this side-by-side comparison, filmed using a time lapse setting, the IndeeLift would lift someone from the floor to a seated position twice before the lifting cushion can accomplish the same objective just once. Also, the IndeeLift requires no set-up, whereas the lifting cushion would require unrolling, attaching the air lines to each cushion, to the compressor and possibly struggling to place it underneath the fallen person before it could be used. That could cause even more delay before a fallen person could be lifted from the floor.
And, unlike the lifting cushion, the IndeeLift cannot be punctured by a sharp object!
Here are just a few excerpts from the popular lifting cushion's manual for user instructions:
- This equipment must only be used by persons practiced in its use.
- To maintain stability, persons being lifted must have the assistance of one or more competent assistants.
- Users should assess what assistance may be required before commencing a lift.
- Ensure that the surface on which the cushion is to be placed, is free from sharp objects. NOTE: Place a blanket, groundsheet, towel or similar under the cushion if using it on a rough surface.
- While in use, never allow a chamber to become partially deflated while any chambers above it are inflated. Chambers must always be fully inflated from the bottom up, in sequence, in order to maintain stability.
- Unroll the cushion by un-clipping the flap from the ends of the stability bar.
- Fold the edge of the cushion underneath itself, by folding along the line of the stability bar pocket.
- Position the cushion so that its ‘upper’ edge is approximately level with and tight up against the patient’s waistband. NOTE: Place a blanket, groundsheet, towel or similar under the cushion if using it on a rough surface.
- Roll the patient over onto the cushion
- Carry on rolling until the patient is lying fully and squarely on the cushion
- Unfurl the folded over edge of the cushion
- Connect the four distribution hoses from the 4-Way Hand Control to the four connectors on the cushion. The ends of the hoses are color coded and numbered to match the corresponding cushion connectors
- Position the compressor at the side of the cushion ensuring that it will not be in the way while lifting and supporting the patient.
- Connect the hose (D fig. 9) from the 4-Way Hand Control to the air outlet socket on the compressor and SELECT THE ‘AUTO’ FUNCTION ON THE COMPRESSOR. TO ACTIVATE THE ‘AUTO’ FUNCTION, PRESS AND HOLD THE ‘AUTO’ BUTTON UNTIL IT’S L.E.D. LIGHTS UP
- Having positioned the cushion under the patient and connected it to the 4-Way Hand Control and compressor, position a sturdy chair, if possible, next to the patient for them to hold to provide additional stability. When in the seated position, the patient should place their arm on the chair seat to provide further stabilization.
- Kneeling beside the patient, place them in a seated position on the cushion. If necessary, place a transfer belt (with looped handles) around the patient’s chest and adjust to fit). Use the handles on this belt to provide additional support and stability while elevating.
- Explain to the patient what to expect when the cushion elevates.
- Press the number 1 button on the 4-Way Hand Control (fig.11). Steady the patient as the cushion lifts. Stop inflation when the first (bottom) compartment becomes hard. The compressor will automatically stop as each compartment becomes fully inflated.
- Continue to operate buttons 2, 3 and 4, in sequence, in exactly the same manner. Support the patient at all times. Always inflate the cushion sections from the BOTTOM UP BEGINNING WITH THE NO. 1 BUTTON.
- When all four compartments are inflated, the patient may be helped to stand or to transfer.
DISCLAIMER: Mobile Patient Lifts LLC does not sell and is not affiliated with the competitive product shown in the video in any way. This comparison was conducted by Mobile Patient Lifts LLC and was orchestrated to the best of our ability to not be biased, but to show the actual results under a time lapse video. Each patient lifting device is well-suited to lift a fallen person from the floor to a seated position from which the fallen person can then stand-up. It is up to you, the consumer, to investigate and make the decision as to the best product to suit your individual needs.